Here are a few helpful resources on Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1).
Neurofibromatosis Society of Ontario
The NFSO provides services and support to families affected by NF1. The web site contains information about NF1, personal stories, and information about news and events.
British Columbia NF Foundation
This web site offers useful pamphlets, videos, and patient stories for families. The pamphlets can be ordered online. Links to other NF1 web sites are also found on this site.
Children's Tumour Foundation
This web site contains pamphlets and newsletters on NF1. Topics include:
- Questions and Answers: Answers to the most commonly asked questions about NF
- The Child with Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- Facing Neurofibromatosis: A Guide for Teens
- About Neurofibromatosis 1: A Guide for Adults
- Neurofibromatosis: Information for Patients and Families
- Achieving in Spite of... A Booklet on Learning Disabilities
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids): AboutKidsHealth
How the Body Works: Genetics
Learn how the body works by watching moving pictures and drawings. In the Genetics section, you can learn about:
- genes and chromosomes
- genetics and health
This web site has videos of NF1 expert Dr. Bruce Korf speaking with parents. Patients discuss how they live and cope with NF1. The site offers a glossary to help you understand what NF1 terms mean.
Elena Pope, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Patricia Parkin, MD, FRCPC
Stephen Meyn, MD, PhD, FRCPC, FACMG
Andrea Shugar, MS, CGC, CCGC